Product Info > Easy Installation
Quick and Easy 1 Hour Installation
Natural Light Solar Attic Fans can be installed in about an hour or less. The unit comes fully operational right out of the box. Installation requires no painting, no wiring or structural changes. Natural Light has many certified dealers nationwide who can assist you in choosing the correct model for your home and professionally install it.
If you are a handy do-it-yourself homeowner, you can easily do the job yourself! Installation requires basic DIY skills including using a reciprocating saw to cut a hole in your roof. Natural Light Solar Attic Fans were designed to be leak proof and maintenance free. The most crucial part of the installation is attaching and sealing the flashing on the roof to ensure a weather-tight seal. Step-by-step illustrated instructions are provided with each kit to assist you. Visit the installation download page.
Summary of Installation
The outline below is just a summary of the steps involved and is not in the correct order. Please read the instructions provided prior to beginning your installation and follow the steps carefully to ensure proper installation.
Cut Hole on Roof:
- Choose sunny location on the roof - southern exposure recommended
- Measure and mark out a 19" hole
- Cut hole using a reciprocating saw
- Cut two slits on both sides of hole to allow unit to slide under shingles
Install Solar Attic Fan Unit:
- Remove any roofing nails or staples to allow unit to slide in place
- Caulk underside of unit with provided sealant
- Slide unit into place
Adjust Solar Panel For Optimum Performance
- Attach unit to roof using provided screws
- Caulk around unit and over screws to ensure weather-tight installation
- Adjust solar panel to position it will capture the most sunlight
Caulking Gun, Drill, Hammer, Ladder, Marking Pencil, Measuring Tape, Nail, Reciprocating Saw, Safety Goggles, Screwdriver, Stud Finder, String, Utility Knife